Because GarageBand does not allow you have more than one project open at a time, it can be frustrating to pull together a series of projects into a single project.
This is only useful if you want to combine the raw audio. I’m pretty sure none of the effects travel with the audio. Also, if your project has a lot of separate audio instead of one chunk, it’s probably better to go through the process of copying the audio from one project and pasting it in another.
A work-around if you are combining multiple GarageBand recordings into a single project:
- Open the project you want everything combined into.
- Right-click on the project you want to add
- Select “Show Package Contents”
- Open “Media”
- Grab the .aif file and drag it to the project in step 1
(If there are multiple .aif s you can use QuickLook by tapping the spacebar when a file is selected to listen and make sure you get the right one)
- Repeat 2-5 for each project you want to combine.